Interested in volunteering at the Boys & Girls Club? Just follow these simple steps.
Purpose of Program
- Assist Club members in developing and reaching positive academic and personal goals.
- To empower Club members to make positive life choices and enable them to maximize their potential.
- Attend an initial one hour training session.
- Maintain regular contact with Club members at Club site at least once a month.
- Attend optional group events, community service activities, and program events.
- Serve as a positive role model for Club members
- Identify challenges that may create difficulties in Club members academics
- Increase Club members self-esteem and motivation
- Setting expectations for Club members
- Assist Club members in developing a better understanding of homework assignments
- Assist Club members in setting goals to achieve academic and personal success
- Have Fun!
- Older than 18
- Completed application, orientation and background check
- Ability to communicate with Club members openly and without judgment
- Ability to establish a relationship based on shared responsibility and respect
- Encouraging and supportive
- Personal fulfillment and satisfaction
- Ongoing support and supervision from staff